Indian Creek Hike & Bike Trail
Crossing through the middle of Overland Park, the Indian Creek Trail begins in Kansas City. Its 25+ miles of asphalt paths are excellent for hiking, biking and skating. On the winding trail, you'll come across waterfalls, bridges and - who knows - maybe even a deer or two! Locals love that this trail is mostly shaded for those warm Midwestern summers and highway underpasses that allow you to hike or bike throughout the city.
Parking is available at seven parks and one recreation center:
· Community Park, 138th and Switzer
· Foxhill South, 109th and El Monte
· Foxhill North, Indian Creek Parkway and Roe (behind Suburban Lawn and Garden)
· Roe, 105th and Roe
· Indian Creek Recreation Center, 103rd and Marty
· Corporate Woods Founders', 9711 W. 109th St.
· Indian Valley, 116th and Knox
· Quivira, 119th and Quivira
What is allowed on the trail?
The trail is for bicyclists, walkers, joggers, skaters, etc. There is no speed limit. Dogs are allowed on leashes. All types of non-motorized bicycles can be used on the trail including tandem bikes, baby strollers and baby trailers. Mopeds and motorcycles are not permitted.